Men Community-Based Program
The United States incarcerates, in both number and percentage of the population, more people than any other country in the world, with more than 2.3 million individuals now behind bars. That’s more than 1 in every 100 adults doing time in the United States. When guys come out of prison, ” if they have no kind of help, within a month they are right back in prison. New Life Community Center aims to help stop that cycle of recidivism. Everybody needs that second chance.
Most of these individuals will face a variety of barriers and have great difficulty managing the most basic necessities for successful reintegration-reconnecting with jobs, housing, and families, as well as gaining access to needed substance abuse and health care treatment.
- Overcomers 12 Step Biblical-centered program – learning to overcome any life controlling issue.
- To assist them in obtaining a job and then work toward promotion and better opportunities.
- Job Search Skills : assess their own interests, abilities and skills, learn about networking, cold calls, filling out a job application, interviewing (and discussing their past), writing a resume and cover letter, and keeping a belief in their worth.
- Help in making sure they are saving money toward becoming independent
- To assist them in handling ant leftover legal problems, obtaining their driver’s license, applying for food stamps or other benefits and obtaining clothes for work and casual.
- Community Volunteer Program helps those who are unemployed to be engaged as law-abiding citizens by volunteering their time in community worthy projects until they find gainful employment.
- Bible studies and other teaching opportunities.
- Help for them in joining a local church of their choice.